Changes to the professional skills tests effective Wednesday 14 February 2018
- There will be no limit on the number of test attempts;
- The lockout period, which previously meant candidates who had failed 3 tests in a subject could not re-take the test for 2 years, has been removed;
- All candidates previously locked out will now be able to book tests for both subjects;
- The number of free test bookings allowed per subject has increased from 1 to 3, with charges applied from the fourth test attempt; and
- A refund will be issued to candidates who sat their second or third attempted tests between 24 October 2017 and 14 February 2018.
For further information, visit http://sta.education.gov.uk/ or call the learndirect helpline on 0300 303 9613 Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm.
– Is this the Hardest Question on the Numeracy Skills Test?
– Cumulative Frequency Graphs Explained
Booking the skills tests
Candidates can book their skills tests once they have submitted their application through UCAS Teacher Training. They can book in advance of this as long as an application is submitted before they attend the test centre.
Book your skills test here: https://www.skillstestbooking.com/sta-web/registration?execution=e2s1
What you need to bring
Two forms of identification – a primary ID such as a passport, and a secondary ID this can be for example a debit card. More information can be found on the STA website.
You’ll also need to bring proof of your teacher training application. The evidence that will be accepted are:
· a welcome email from UCAS Teacher Training
· correspondence from your school or university
· a copy of a completed UCAS Teacher Training application form
· confirmation of, or an invitation to, an interview from your school or university