An Outstanding Year For The Yorkshire Rose Teaching Partnership

This local teacher training route has been rated as outstanding by 70% of its trainees, with the remaining 30% rating is as good. Presently in its fourth year of recruiting, The Yorkshire Rose Teaching Partnership has trained students alongside The University of Leeds, Leeds Beckett University, Sheffield Hallam University, Manchester Metropolitan University and Bradford College, as well as other local Higher Education providers. Teachers now working in several local schools have been trained in a range of Secondary subjects as well as at Primary level. Batley Girls’ High School is the lead strategic school working in close partnership with seven other local secondary schools such as Upper Batley High School, Spen Valley High School and The Mirfield Grammar School and seven local primary schools such as Windmill Primary School and Warwick Road Primary School.

Several trainees have been employed in local schools to meet the needs of schools, students and parents in the area. Emma Rodrigues, the School Direct Co-ordinator, pointed out, “Quality education is crucial to the future of the children and young people in our area. As a parent myself, I feel strongly about the need to train outstanding teachers for future generations and this is what I aim to do with our School Direct route into teaching. We train teachers not only to be outstanding but to ensure that the children and young people they teach are happy, successful and enjoy their time at school. I can confidently say that our trainees will be a credit to the teaching profession and am proud to have been involved in the role they will play in guiding and educating our children and young people in these challenging times.”

There are still a few remaining places left for the PGCE training route for September 2016 in subjects such as Maths, Music and Computer Science.